100 Stones Interactive
Based in Brisbane, Australia
12 July, 2018
iPhone / iPad
Lose yourself in a stunning puzzle adventure set in a gorgeous 3D environment. Explore a vast, ancient castle riddled with secret vaults and hidden rooms. Solve elaborate puzzles, uncover lost treasures, and unravel a mystery bridging the scientific and the arcane. Alone on a remote island stands a weathered castle. For years it has lain dormant yet still the townspeople recall old stories of restless dreams, violent storms, and the eerie glow of ghostly lights dancing in the mist. Recently, a mysterious signal has begun broadcasting from within the abandoned halls. Something inside the castle has awoken, now someone needs to venture inside to discover the truth.
Development on The Eyes of Ara began in late 2013. Leveraging his background as an Environment Artist, Ben set out to design a game in which the environment itself was the primary character. The Eyes of Ara seek to captivate the player through beautiful, engaging environments, with the goal of telling a story organically through exploration and discovery of the game world. The Eyes of Ara was announced to the world through a successful Kickstarter campaign in June of 2015, and launched on PC and Mac on July 19th, 2016. Following the critical success of the desktop version and in response to player demand, the iOS version was released on July 12, 2018.
- COUNTLESS SECRETS TO DISCOVER: Weave your way through a complex web of puzzles to unlock the castle’s ultimate truth or choose your own path: search for secret vaults and hidden passageways, hunt down lost treasures, and discover the history of the castle and its former occupants.
- IMMERSIVE 3D ENVIRONMENTS: Take in The Eyes of Ara’s award-winning 3D environments as you explore its richly detailed world.
- INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS: Tactile touch controls make exploring the castle and solving puzzles feel incredibly natural.
- UNIQUELY REFINED FOR iPHONE AND iPAD: Hand-placed camera design and device-specific UIs ensures the best possible experience no matter what size screen you play on.
- ORGANIC STORYTELLING: Piece together an intriguing narrative from scraps of information and visual details embedded in the world itself.
- MINIMALIST INTERFACE: Investigate the castle’s secrets using a sleek, clean interface that can be hidden entirely off-screen with a tap.
- GAMECENTER ENHANCED: Track your progress and unlock a multitude of achievements.
- MULTIPLE LANGUAGES SUPPORTED: Play in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Logo & Icon
- "100 Stones Interactive and its solo developer Ben Droste have managed to create an excellent game of exploration and puzzles that fans of the genre will appreciate"
- 9/10, KickMyGeek
About 100 Stones Interactive
100 Stones Interactive is a Brisbane based, one-man independent games studio, founded and run by Ben Droste, a veteran of the Australian games industry. Ben believes that the best games are those that explore new ideas, provide memorable experiences, and challenge our preconceptions. Games should be more than just passing entertainment, and through 100 Stones Interactive Ben strives to create games that live up to this potential.
More information on 100 Stones Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Eyes of Ara Credits
Sound Designer, The Otherworld Agency