100 Stones Interactive
Based in Melbourne, Australia
November 13, 2015
Press / Business contact:
Please email for further contact details
100 Stones Interactive is an Australian based, one-man independent games studio, founded and run by Ben Droste, a veteran of the Australian games industry. Ben believes that the best games are those that explore new ideas, provide memorable experiences, and challenge our preconceptions. Games should be more than just passing entertainment, and through 100 Stones Interactive Ben strives to create games that live up to this potential.
HistoryAbout Ben and the Founding of 100 Stones Interactive
Ben is a veteran of the Australian Games industry, having worked with well-known properties such as Star Wars, Viva Piñata, Spyro the Dragon, and Mickey Mouse. More recently, he work as a Level Designer for 5Lives Studios on their successful Kickstarter title Satellite Reign. In 2013 Ben pursued his ambition of establishing his own independent games studio. He founded 100 Stones Interactive and began work on what would eventually become the studio’s debut title: The Eyes of Ara.The Eyes of Ara
The Eyes of Ara is 100 Stones Interactive’s award-winning debut title, an adventure-puzzle game about exploration, discovery, and the pursuit of knowledge in the face of fear and intimidation. Leveraging his background as an Environment Artist, Ben designed The Eyes of Ara to captivate the player through beautiful, engaging environments, with the goal of telling a story organically through exploration and discovery of the game world. The Eyes of Ara blends classic puzzle-game themes with a modern take on the gameplay and interaction. The game was announced to the world through a successful Kickstarter campaign in June of 2015, and launched on PC and Mac on July 19th, 2016, followed iOS in 2018 and Android in 2019, and finally Nintendo Switch on October 15, 2019. A critical success, The Eyes of Ara has received overwhelmingly positive reviews and multiple awards and nominations.
There are far more images available for 100 Stones Interactive, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner: Best Game (PC/Mac)" - The Eyes of Ara, Planete Aventure, Golden PA Awards, 2017
- "Winner: Best Puzzles" - The Eyes of Ara, Planete Aventure, Golden PA Awards, 2017
- "Winner: Best French Localization" - The Eyes of Ara, Planete Aventure, Golden PA Awards, 2017
- "Winner: Australian Indie Showcase" - The Eyes of Ara, PAX Aus, 2016
- "Nominee: Excellence in Art" - The Eyes of Ara, Australian Game Developer Awards, 2016
- "Made With Unity Showcase" - The Eyes of Ara, Unite Melbourne, 2016
- "Winner: Best Style" - The Eyes of Ara, Haogamers Western Indie Awards, 2016
- "AVSN Award" - The Eyes of Ara, 96%, adventurespiele.net
- "Nominee: Best Gameroom Game" - The Eyes of Ara, Facebook Game of the Year Awards, 2017
- "The Eyes of Ara offers rewarding challenges, an intriguing atmosphere, and a beautiful environment. While players may find the steep climb in difficulty a bit unnerving, the gorgeous set dressing and comprehensive plot make the struggle worth it. With only a few minor issues, The Eyes of Ara stands to be one of the best indie games of the summer."
- 90%, Gizorama
- "The Eyes of Ara succeeds in providing just the right balance of difficulty in its puzzles while expertly weaving them into the environment."
- 85%, RPG Fan
- "The Eyes of Ara is a very impressive piece of work, presenting a series of puzzles so fiendish and intricate that it's hard not to be intimidated by the mind from which they sprang."
- 80%, Game Informer Magazine
- "The Eyes of Ara is a polished title"
- 80%, Pixel Pop Network
- "If you are looking for a challenging and immersive experience that provides several hours of gameplay, The Eyes of Ara is your game. It’s one of the few games that makes earning all of the Steam achievements worth it."
- 80%, Only Single Player
- "Each scene is gorgeous. The modeling and light are exquisite. The detail is wonderful. And the quality is consistent from start to finish."
- 70%, Just Adventure
- "Exploring the environment, discovering things both strange and wonderful, is genuinely fascinating"
- , IGN
Ben Droste on Twitter
Personal Twitter for Ben Droste (@bendroste) available at twitter.com.